canada immigration: study in canada
To study in Canada, you may need a study permit, and/or a temporary resident visa, though not everyone must have these documents. To be eligible to study in Canada
1. You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
2. You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
3. You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
4. You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
5. You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
students are allowed to work
Canadian educational institutions allow foreign students to work on-campus throughout the school year to earn money. In addition, they may be entitled to apply for Off-Campus Work visa after 6 months. Foreign students are also entitled to apply for a Post-Graduation Work visa that enables them to remain in Canada for up to three years. It may also be possible to have their permanent residence application processed in tandem, allowing them to work and live in Canada permanently..
IELTS Requirements for foreign students
Applicants from an educational insttute outside Canada
in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide
results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their
application. Thetest must have been taken within the last 24 months at the
time of submission of your application.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
IELTS (International English Language Testing Service)
CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment)
PTE (Pearson Test of English)
Student Visa Requirements
Canada welcomes international students to take advantage of Canada's world-class education system. The specific requirements for the Student visa vary depending on the selected level of study, the applicant's educational background, and his/her country of citizenship.
All applicants have to fulfill the following general requirements Proof of acceptance and enrolment to an accredited academic institution in Canada Possess a valid passport/travel document, and provide proof of financial support; and
Ties to their home country and evidence of their intention to leave Canada at the end of their studies.
Applicant also have to ensure that he/she is criminally and medically admissible to enter Canada and be willing to undergo a medical examination if required.